We face a radical and challenging shift in culture, a shift that will only become more acute as time goes on. How to build healthy, outward communities is a challenge we all face. During the time we spend together, we will attempt to answer a few key questions – and explore the way forward.
- WHEN: Sat 9th June 2012 – 9:30am-3:30pm
- WHERE: City Life Church – 28 Egmont St, New Plymouth
- COST: $20
The day will be led by Nigel Dixon, author of the book “Villages Without Walls”. He has been a church leader over 20 years as well working in education and social work. Nigel currently works as a trainer, consultant and mentor with Vox Humana.
- Exegeting the culture – the shift from modernism to postmodernism, from text to image, from family to fragmentation, from institutions to consumerism (and the implications for Christian community).
- Re-exploring the message and method of Jesus – what do the gospels really say to us?
- The leader as cultural architect – the challenge of creating a culture grows people, builds community, lives out the story.
- Church as a village without walls – moving from the organizational to the organic.
Please RSVP to [email protected] or phone 0(6) 758 1423 by, 7th June.